Monday, March 3, 2014

In The Kindergarten

 It has been a really long time since I last created a scrapbook layout - way too long for my liking. So I am now working quite hard to remedy that.
I've always liked CSI challenges and so I decided to play along with their challenge 111. I must apologize for the quality of my pictures - they are taken using my cell phone, as my camera at the moment is traveling along with my sister somewhere in South Americas.
For the year of 2013, I have created an album that I will show you in some other post. The size of this album is an A4, so all my further layouts will also be the size of A4.
I started out by misting page with various shades Color Wash and then stenciled over with gesso.

Next I made a panel that I dryembossed using TH Woodgrain embossing folder. I also added some splatters and starburst rays using Th stencils and Walnut Stain Distress ink.
Then I made a cluster of various patterned papers with torn edges and put the picture of Emily right on top of it.



I did some fussy cutting from a patterned paper of roses and added clusters of handmade and store bought paper flowers. there is also a piece of painted chipboard flourish and lots of brown liquid pearls.
Journalling for this page was printed in several blocks of couple words and then scattered all over the page - one of the demands from CSI challenge.
I really like this layour and I'm sorry that you can't see it properly.

Hope you will enjoy,
Best regards,

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous!! The colors are so pretty and the background is fabulous!! And what a sweet picture!! Such a beautiful layout!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)