Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy New Year!

Welcome back this year as well!!! This year has started with a full speed ahead for me, so there actually hasn't been much time for crafting, but I had to make "Happy New Year" cards for my MIL, so that she could give them to her colleagues at their New Years party, which will happen just this week :)
I wanted to make a white on white card, with lots of sparkle and just a hint of color. So I gathered lots of my Sizzix dies and started to die cut everything from white cardstock. Then I placed and pushed some of the diecuts around my card base and this is what I ended up with.
Here you can see that I have applied modeling paste on the frame and sprinkled generously with glitter. This same technique was used on my flower as well.
I had to make 10 cards and they all looked so well together!
I hope that your year has started well and we will see wonderful creations all year through!

I will enter this card into these challenges:
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes with Optional Twist - Color, Sights, and Sounds of Winter
Blessing Ink - New Beginnings
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge 114 - Winter Whites
Christmas Card Challenges #6 -- No Coloring
Chrafting when We Can - Outside
Glitter n Sparkle - Anything Goes


Sizzix BigShot Machine
Sizzix BigShot Die-cutting Machine
Sizzix Accessory - Susan's Garden Tool Kit
Sizzix Accessory - Susan's Garden Tool Kit
Martha Stewart Glitter
Martha Stewart Glitter
Tim Holtz LOT 36 DISTRESS INK PADS
Tim Holtz LOT 36 DISTRESS INK PADS
Ranger Inkssentials INK BLENDING TOOL
Ranger Inkssentials INK BLENDING TOOL
Sizzix Bigz Die - Ornate Frame
Sizzix Bigz Die - Ornate Frame
Tim Holtz Tonic Craft SCISSORS
Tim Holtz Tonic Craft SCISSORS
Sizzix Sizzlits Die - Holiday Greenery
Sizzix Sizzlits Die - Holiday Greenery
Sizzix Sizzlits Die - Poinsettia Swirls
Sizzix Sizzlits Die - Poinsettia Swirls
Sizzix Thinlits Die Set - Cross, Dove, Banner & Border
Sizzix Thinlits Die Set - Cross, Dove, Banner & Border
Sizzix Thinlits Die Set - Christmas Ornament, Wreath & Vine
Sizzix Thinlits Die Set - Christmas Ornament, Wreath & Vine
Sizzix Accessory - Susan's Garden Tool Kit
Glossy Accents

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and love just the hint of colour -thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really fabulicious set of cards Liva,they are beautiful, love the texture too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card but to enter our challenge you must use at least one Cheery Lynn Designs die. Perhaps you will visit us again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Love the die used.
    Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create's Anything Goes w/Optional Twist - Color, Sights, and Sounds of Winter.
    I would like to invite you to join us in our Block Party to celebrate our 1 Year Blogaversary! More details HERE: http://avenue613.blogspot.com/p/500-followers-give-away.html!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)