Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Christmas Card Marathon Has Begun

I was offered the opportunity to sell my cards at our largest Christmas fair in the very heart of our country - Old Riga Dome square. Well I wouldn't be selling them myself behind the counter, but I do need to make a lot of Christmas cards to hand over to a willing sales person :)
I have horded so many Christmas greeting card pictures on my Pinterest board, that I just can't figure which one of my many inspired projects to make first. Well I chose this card.
I suppose it would look quite simple to make if one would have a lovely snowflake embossing folder and dies, but I must admit that I have neither. What I do have is my trusty old SDSilhouette and it is just a miracle :)
I die cut lots of snowflake shapes and created my own embossing folder similar of the one I show in this post.
Next thing I did was to clear emboss the raised areas of my newly embossed background and then ink everything using broken china Distress ink.
Well I hope you like it and I'm off to make about hundred more... :)

3 comments:

  1. It's absolutely stunning!! Your embossing looks amazing!! And the lace is gorgeous!! This is fabulous and I have no doubt you will sell them all!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOvely. I just love blue & white for Christmas. I would love to sell my cards(have all occasions) If you can, I would appreciate any info you can give me. Congrats to you.

    marg0006 at Verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)