Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Retro Fall Flowers

Oh that Blogger... rrr.... I had thought that I had planned this post to publish automatically some days ago and now I saw that that hadn't happened...
Well nothing to worry about - I'm publishing it now.
This is a card I made while playing with my new Sizzix Brenda Walton dies. They are so wonderful that I had to start creating something right away. I've combined two sets of Sizzlit dies - Holiday Greenery and Poinsettia Swirls. They are both winter themed sets, but I've turned them into whimsical retro flowers.
Look how well they all go together. I have also added that absolutely amazing decorative element under my flowers. It's from this Sizzix Thinlits die set.

I have inked all flowers and leaves with Distress ink and given them all some shape using ball stylus. I especially like those leaves with zipper teeth like edges at the side of my composition. And I also like how the red berries in the center look - quite real to my look.

I will enter this card in these challenges:
Artistic Inspirations - Anything Goes
Card Mania Challenges - Pastel Colors
Lady Anne's Challenge - Autumn/Fall
Make It Monday - Always Anything Goes
Stamps & Fun = Creativity - Autumn
Tammy's Scrapin Corner - Fall Colors
Use Your Stuff Creative Challenges - Bling It Up
Whoopsidaisy Challenge - Spots and dots






Sizzix Sizzlits Die - Poinsettia Swirls
Sizzix Sizzlits Die - Poinsettia Swirls
Sizzix BigShot Machine
Sizzix BigShot Die-cutting Machine
Sizzix Sizzlits Die - Holiday Greenery
Sizzix Sizzlits Die - Holiday Greenery
Tim Holtz Tonic Craft SCISSORS
Tim Holtz Tonic Craft SCISSORS
Sizzix Accessory - Susan's Garden Tool Kit
Glossy Accents
Tim Holtz LOT 36 DISTRESS INK PADS
Tim Holtz LOT 36 DISTRESS INK PADS
Ranger Inkssentials INK BLENDING TOOL
Ranger Inkssentials INK BLENDING TOOL
Sizzix Thinlits Die Set - Cross, Dove, Banner & Border
Sizzix Thinlits Die Set - Cross, Dove, Banner & Border
Sizzix Accessory - Susan's Garden Tool Kit
Sizzix Accessory - Susan's Garden Tool Kit

25 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card Liva! I love the flowers and those leaves on the sides look really cool. I love the distressing with the ink. Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous blooms and papers!! :) :) Lovely card!!
    I saw it at Make It Monday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elegant card. Lovely papers and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Liva!! The flowers are so beautiful!! I love the papers you used!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flowers!! I love the way they curl at the edges. It gives the card such dimension. Thanks for joining us over on the Use Your Stuff Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the flower you made is adorable and love the arrangement on your card...really gorgeous flowers...lovely color combo too really sweet flower card..

    I see your card on Make It Monday, if you like to see my card it is # 65, I would be glad if you could leave me some love too...hugs, and thanks before, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a wonderful creation with great details and its perfect for our ‘FALL COLOURS’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Tammy’s Scrapin Corner Senior DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner for this challenge.
    Margaret, DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card .Thank you for joining us at Artistic Inspiration with our anything goes challenge hugs Tania (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely card, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Saw your card on MIM and had to check it out. Lovely use of your flower dies. Such a sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such pretty papers and colours, lovely card! Spotted it on MIM xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges. Good luck and hope you'll join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have trouble with scheduled posts too! Your card is pretty so I am glad you did get to publish it. Thank you for joining in at Use Your Stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card. Thank you for share with us SFC.
    Hugs Renate

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fab card ,love the flowers
    Thanks for joining us at MIM and good luck
    Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card! Love how you created the flowers!Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great design. Love the flowers and how you gave them a 3d-look. Thanks for joining our "Fall Colors" challenge this week at Tammy's Scrapin Corner.

    Hugs from Finland,
    Eemeli {DT}

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a great card, I love the 3-D flowers. Thanks for joining us this week for "Fall Colors."
    Karal DT for Tammy's Scrapin Corner
    My Blog: Karals Creative Corner

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your flowers, your card is so pretty !

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow - what a great use of your dies! This is beautiful! Thanks for submitting it in our Fall Colors challenge at Tammy's Scrapin' Corner this week. Good Luck!
    Trudy, DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card love the flowers...thanks so much for joining us over at Artistic Inspirations!
    Hugs Donna DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your card looks really wonderful,thanks for joining us at our autumn challenge at Stamps & Fun = Creativity
    Hope to see you again,hugs and greetings
    Angela DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great card. Thank You for sharing with us at Lady Anne's Challenges.
    Love ~ Lady Anne xx

    Lady Anne's Challenge's
    Lady Anne's Blog

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)