Friday, August 16, 2013

For Godmother And Godfather

To have a little rest from wedding themes, I had an order to create a book of memories (I just figured out the real meaning of scrapbooks :) for Godparents of a little girl on her christening day.
We picked pink, chocolate brown and white colors for this book and that allowed me to use my very loved polka dotted ribbons. This one in particular reminds me of happy, smiling girls in pink tutus :)
I made my composition on a flourish die cut panel that was colored using pink ProMarker. I also added white doily - they do add that lovely shabby chic look to all projects. Then I made the title of the book by die cutting several layers of words godmother & godfather and gluing them all together. I colored the top layer with dark brown ProMarker (except for the & sign - I liked how it sort of is there, but at the same time isn't drawing attention from the main words). I also covered my words with Glossy Accents for more 3D look.

I added lots of punched butterflies, paper roses and pearls in pink, brown and white colors.


Inside pages were filled with pictures of the little girl and different poems and texts. I added white Art Noveau style frame on every photo.

I loved to make this book - it was so cute and girlie :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is amazing!! What a gorgeous memory book!! The cover looks so beautiful!! And the inside is fabulous!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you wrap the ribbons, this is beautiful

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)