Thursday, August 8, 2013

Fairytale Nature Park - Mini Album

Oh something went wrong with blogger (or me, but I better choose to say it was blogger) and my posts were not posted when I had planned them, so I'm posting this now and others later.
One day I realized that my work and being tired and annoyed all the time (because of lack of some relaxation) is affecting my girls and our time spent together, so I decided that we need a day off of everything except for fun and nature. I know the best place for that - Tervetes Nature Park. It is a park where Anna Brigadere - one of the most famous and loved fairy tale (and some other) writer used to live. Whole park is a wood full of wooden characters of her tales. Nowadays it is added with different attractions that my kids were more than happy to try.
When I started to make this album, I didn't think about my album covers, but at the end I tried to apply the map of the park to the front cover and guess what - it fit just perfectly to fron, back and even both insides of my covers - just like magic!
Look how nicely all my tabbed pages sticks out of the covers. If you missed my last post - tutorial on how to make these tabbed pages - you can find it here.
Look at that mini train that we were driving through the park - it's so lovely!
Another look at my tabs. For my main pages I used two collections of K&Company papers and most of my accents are from Graphic45 - mostly Secret Garden and Ladies' Diary. I had all these pieces laying around from several previous projects and I was happy to finally use them.

I also created several journalling cards and used them throughout all my album. I also had several previously cut printed butterflies that now were all used.


I used lots of fussy cutting on my photos and went wild with washi tape - I used my own made one and some that I had from a PaperCrafts Inspirations magazine.

I love my Sizzix Instant Frames to make those lovely Polaroid frames for mu photos. They ad just the needed background to draw attention to my photos.





This tab is special - because I have no idea how I made it. Using Sizzix Damask Frame I tried to make a tab and then realized that it will not work as the frame is with a double edge, but... and this is the most interesting part - it didn't cut the middle part (and it's not a fault in the die as I have used for my other projects and it have always cut wonderfully) and thus left it attached to my page! How incredible is that!!!








We visited the good witch of the forest and she offered us some mosquitoes' leg tee in a "birch bark" cup. I squished the cup and added to my album.

Here's the upper edge tab - isn't it lovely?
I also got to use some previously stamped and die cut flowers from Sizzix Lovely Flowers set.


I just love how I get to make a journalling card that fit into my created tab - it was so easy as I made both of the with the Sizzix Majestic Labels #2.


Oh this was a lot of work - but totally worth it! My girls keep going through the album over and over again!

4 comments:

  1. This is fabulous, Liva!! and soooo... much of work!!
    http://www.kalasirjana.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, izskatās, ka jums ir bijusi ļoti forša atpūta kopestīgi :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, this is stunning!! What a gorgeous album!! The papers and details are beautiful!! The pictures are adorable!! The park looks like an amazing place!! What a treasured keepsake you have created - it's fabulous!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)