Saturday, July 13, 2013

There's Beauty In Lots Of Die-cuts

 The first thing I did after I received my new Sizzix dies, was to die cut them from plain papers and just move around, placing them on top of each other - watching how they play together. I created several amazing combos and this is one of them. I think that I have found my new favorite die - it's this Decorative Label die that is at the bottom of my central cluster.
 I've used both sets of Majestic Labels to make all those layers - the white one is actually hand cut - but I drew around the outside edge of the same die that is on the top with my sentiment.
 My sentiment says "Happy Birthday" and it is just a printed sentiment I designed - I must admit that I like it quite a lot. Then the upper panel was inked with Bundled Sage Distress ink - it went so well with my background paper. I couldn't resist using some pearls as well - a girl is a girl and just can't go without some bling for long...
I think that the best part of my card is this bottom part. I used Fleur De Lis border die from this lovely die set. I think it gives my card some additional fun element so that my central cluster wouldn't look so lonely :)

Sizzix Framelits Die Set - Labels, Majestic
Sizzix Framelits Die Set - Labels, Majestic
Sizzix BigShot Machine
Sizzix BigShot Die-cutting Machine
Sizzix Thinlits Die Set - Decorative Accent & Label
Sizzix Thinlits Die Set - Decorative Accent & Label
Sizzix Accessory - Susan's Garden Tool Kit
ProMarkers
Sizzix Accessory - Susan's Garden Tool Kit
Glossy Accents
Tim Holtz LOT 36 DISTRESS INK PADS
Tim Holtz LOT 36 DISTRESS INK PADS
Sizzix Framelits Die Set - Labels, Majestic #2
izzix Framelits Die Set - Labels, Majestic #2
Sizzix Thinlits Die Set - Border, Label, Medallion & Key
Sizzix Thinlits Die Set - Border, Label, Medallion & Key
Ranger Inkssentials INK BLENDING TOOL
Ranger Inkssentials INK BLENDING TOOL

I will be entering this card into these challenges:
Crafty Ribbons - Anything Goes
In The Pink - Pink And Pearly (I hope that my pink is enough....)
Happy Campers - Bling
Stampin For The Weekend - color inspiration photo
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes
Five Simple Things - Anything Goes
Digitally Sweet Challenges - Bright Colors (My sentiment is digital)
Creative Corner - Anything Goes
365 Cards - Centered

1 comment:

  1. Wow don't know hoe I missed this one, the die cut on printed paper give it an delicate finish.
    http://ajourneyintoquilling.blogspot.com
    Chris

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)