Thursday, July 4, 2013

For A Trombone Player

When I was told to make a graduation card for a trombone player my card idea was already in my head - except - I didn't know which exactly is the trombone! So I did a little googling and image hunting and came up with that lovely vintage style image of a trombone and couple of music sheet images. I combined them together to make my central image.
As this card was for a male, I used lots of metallic elements and brown colors. I left that label empty so that the actual presenter of this card could write in some small greeting or the name of recipient.
I love to use my nail head brads on manly cards - too bad that I start to run out of them... I added a little bit of color to them using a ProMarker, so that they would match my metallic label.
The fun part for me was to thread my seam binding ribbon under the trombone - I made two slits on each side of my trombone and threaded ribbon under the image - genius, yap I think so :)
I added another money envelop inside this card. I made it using Graphic45 paper - I just love all their collections...

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous!! I love the music paper and the trombone!! The money envelope is fabulous!! Perfect card for a trombone player!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)