Thursday, June 20, 2013

Sleep Little Baby, Sleep...

If you red my yesterdays post, then you should know my love for vintage baby images and so this won't come as a surprise when I will say, that wile making previous baby card, I had this urge to make a second baby girl card , but this time as an easel card with a drawer on the bottom. I just love this kind of cards/gift boxes.
I attached the main image using photo corners, so that the owner of this card could switch this image for her own photo if she chose so. This image is even in the standard 9x13cm photo size. This is also the reason why my card front isn't adorned with more flowers or embellies - because they couldn't overlap and glue down my image, so that it could be replaced with a photo.

Even thou I was making a card for a baby girl, I couldn't resist on using this light blue background paper. It is actually a digital paper from one winter collection. I'm using it quite often. And it gives very nice backdrop for all my pink accents. Even this pink stack of brads as a drawer pull looks better on this blue background.


I love these large feltlike roses - too bad that I'm running low on those and I can't get them anymore... And those Prima flowers are simply gorgeous - don't you think? And of course I couldn't go without pearls...
This is how my card looks when it's fully opened - simple but sweet.

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous!! What a sweet image!! The colors are so beautiful and I love the pull-out drawer!! What a stunning card!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just been by to poke around again and you create such delightful creations! Love this baby card and the wonderful flowers and pearls!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)