Tuesday, June 25, 2013

If There's A Girl There Must Be A Boy

Well, like the title says - if I was making girls cards these previous days, I just had to make some for a baby boy as well. But this time I went for something more modern.
Brown and blue is my favorite color combo and it goes so well for boys :) And polka dots - well that's another favorite of mine - just somehow I forget to use it very often. This particular paper is designed by me and printed out on my printer.
Main card shape was die cut using Sizzix Grand Nestabilities One. But that center blue piece was made using Sizzix Sizzlits Bracket insert die and embossed with Diamond embossing folder.
I tried to color this lovely elephant as lightly as I could while maintaining bluish tones. Image was diecut using Labels Sixteen die. Some inking was also done using Distress ink.
I also added some brown lace, large flower brad that I colored with Copic marker. I tied some small piece of brown polka dot ribbon through that brad. And just for some little glam touch I added pearls to all corners.

Hope that little champ will appreciate this :)

I'm entering this card in these challenges:
Lawnscaping Challenges - Dimension - all my layers are rised up to give more dimension.
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
Memas's Crafts - Anything Goes
Oh La La Creations - Welcome Little One
Platypus Creek Digitals - Anything Goes
The Paper Nest Dolls Challenges - Animal Love
Wild Orchid Challenges - Brads Or Pins
Besties Challenges - Shaped Card
Crafty Boots Challenge - Anything But Square
Creative Creations Challenge - Shaped Cards
The Paper Makeup Stamps - Something Tied
Incy Wincy Designs - Tic Tac Toe - Die cut, emboss it and use metal
365 Cards - Over The Edge
Pause, Dream and Enjoy Challenges - Anything Goes

16 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful!! I love the colors and embossing!! The image is adorable!! What a wonderful baby boy card!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Creative Creations Challenges with our 'shaped cards' theme - look forward to seeing you again soon :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and image.. Visiting from MIM. Faye

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! Thank you for stopping by Mema's Crafts and joining in our monthly challenge. Good luck and visit often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, this is so sweet, really cute image and lovely design. Thank you for sharing it with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the shape of your card and that layered portion. Also your ribbon treatment. Sweet!

    I saw you at MIM.
    Come and see what I've done! kren
    http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so sweet! I saw it on Make it Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A really pretty card, love the embossing! Thanks for joining us at INCY WINCY Challenge this week, hope we see you again soon. Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So adorable card! I love your dies, polka dots and layout!


    Thank you for joining our Animal Love Challenge at The Paper Nest Dolls.
    Jasmina DT PND

    ReplyDelete
  10. A really lovely shaped card. I love te sweet image. Thanks for joining the Besties challenge. Hugs from Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an adorable card really pretty
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card !! Thanks for playing along @ 365 cards this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable. Loving all the embossing and such fab colours too. Thanks for sharing it with us at Ooh La La this time.
    hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. cute card:-)Thanks for joining us at The Paper Nest Dolls
    Hugs
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our PLATYPUS CREEK challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab card, such a sweet image, thanks for sharing at OLLCB x

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)