Friday, June 28, 2013

Fancy Some Apples?

One of my relatives recently had a very huge birthday. And the hardest thing is to figure out what to give for a person who has everything. As he was in the liquor making business for a long time of his life, my mother bought him a very special home brewed apple vodka in a vintage looking bottle. It seemed a bit too plain to give just the bottle, so we decided that such special bottle needs a special casing as well.
My hubby was so helpful and made me this box for a piece of wooden plank.
I stuffed some -  whatever those wooden packaging thingies are - inside so that the bottle would be nested and wouldn't brake.
I went for a very vintagy look with lots of worn edges and some splatters.


This was the first time I have ever used stamps on a decoupage project and I must say that they work exceptionally well. As I have just black StazOn ink, that is what I used, but this makes me want to get more and more other colors as well.

I took those small hinges out form one of my tool boxes as I had no idea where to buy those - especially on such short notice.

I was quite proud of myself for making this box - I had missed so much my decoupage works...

3 comments:

  1. Wow Liva, stunning! What a great idea for packaging and a lovely result. Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is absolutely amazing, Liva!! What a gorgeous gift box!! The stamping on the decoupage looks fabulous!! You did an awesome job!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely a stunner Liva, the stamping and decoupage is brilliant and so appropriate!!

    http://kalasirjana.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)