Sunday, June 30, 2013

Bunch Of Blue Flowers

I suppose I have mentioned before that I work best when under pressure - like for example a deadline to submit 3 graduation greeting cards to a client. During one night I made three very different cards and this is one of them.
In order to come up with something fast, I went for a wonderful background paper and some flower cluster. And this card just wouldn't look so nice without some little Walnut Stain Distress inking on the edges of my background.

Finally I have gotten some seam binding - I had to wait this long for this trend to reach my country. So I had to give it a go. I sprayed it with various Color Washes and crinkled up. I also applied Sailboat Color Wash to small white paper roses. I pulled some leaves and flourishes from my previously die-cut stash - did some spraying on them as well and voila - my card was ready!
As my client wanted to give the graduate some money, I had to make a money envelope. I made it out of the same patterned paper. I have also included a printable envelope template - it is for size A4 paper, but you can easily re-size it to fit letter sized page. As for the size of the envelope itself -it is fitted for our money, but if you scale it a bit it will fit most money sizes. I don't know about dollars or pounds, but it sure is a mess when it comes to euros - each nominal banknote comes in a different size. Something sure to look forward :)
I'm going to enter this card into these challenges:
Simon Says - anything Goes
Crafty Catz - Say It With Flowers
Five Simple Things - Anything goes
Peachy Keen stamps - Anything Goes
QKR Stampede - Anything Goes
Sister Act - Anything Goes
Stampin' For The Weekend - Anything Goes
Stamping With The Dragon - Anything Goes

6 comments:

  1. I love the idea of the inner envelope to hold some money. Very clever! Thanks for joining us at SACC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous!! The flowers are so pretty!! The inside envelope is fabulous!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Gorgeous flowers and ribbon! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous! Your design and details are fab!

    Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this week at QKR Stampede.
    Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

    Hugs Mian
    QKR Stampede Design Team Member
    http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous way to give a cash gift x Love that beautiful swirl x
    Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' for the weekend & good luck x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)