Sunday, May 12, 2013

Watercolors And Toilet Paper

 I've been cursing my WiFi connection for the last three days - or more - I have lost the count. It has been acting up and hadn't let me access internet on my home PC and since that is the only device that lets me normally write posts, I almost missed all deadlines for the challenges I made these two cards.
I saw this Watercolor challenge over at the Moxie Fab World and was so inspired by Jennifer McGuire watercolor roses, that I wanted to use watercolors to make roses - just a bit different ones from Jennifer's.

 I rolled up some toilet paper and colored it with watercolors. They're a bit whimsical, but I like them never the less.
 I painted background in sort of very light ombre fashion. A paper doily and rounded corners was all I could think this card needed.
 As my recent infatuation is with white on white cards, the previous card was colorful enough for me, but as the challenge is watercolors and I do not have a white one, I went for a one tone card.
I made this flower the same way I am making flowers from masking tape in my tutorials section. And this was also a good time for me to use those "ghost leaves" dies for the first time. I have had them for a very long time, but somehow never used them before.

I'm going to enter this card also in Simon Says Stamp And Show Inspired By challenge.


5 comments:

  1. Lovely colours and the flowers look wonderful. Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp & Show. Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Liva, you are so creative! I love the flowers you made, and even out of toilet paper you manage to create something beautiful. Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Liva, both cards are absolutely gorgeous!! The flowers look amazing and the colors are so pretty!! I love these!!

    I wanted to answer your question about the hinge on my card from last Friday. I fold a piece of paper over and place it in the Spellbinders die. Then I move it down so that it doesn't cover the very top of the die...when you cut, it leaves a hinge, but the decorative top is cut off. So I then die cut another piece and glue it over the top so you don't see the hinge at all. I hope that makes sense...please let me know if you have questions. Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Liva! Thanks for linking this up to the Wonder of Watercolor Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)