Thursday, May 2, 2013

I Haven't Dropped From The Edge Of An Earth...

 ...well not exactly. I have spun somewhat out of my usual orbit, but it's a good thing actually! I have found a job!!! After spending one year totally at home, I was going out of my mind, because I just needed to be around people. Being around just the ones shorter than my hip line, wasn't enough. But together with my new job came the necessity to improve my qualification and that meant going away for learning purposes and I had no way of crafting possibilities, but now I'm back! I do have couple of cards to show you and some news as well. But all in due time...
So first things first - this is a card I made for my German teacher after finishing my German lessons. The sentiment on this card says "Thank you" in German.

 I liked this striped paper I had, so I started with that and worked to make all those embellishments. First layer is a white paper strip across all card. I punched the edges using a border punch. Then I die cut Spellbinders label with printed sentiment.
I used my Silhouette to cut leaves, vines and spiral roses. Then I sprayed my flowers using Ranger Color Washes to match my striped paper. Then I just added few pearls colored with ProMarkers to match.

Hope you like it and I do hope to be posting more and more projects. In fact I need to make a baby card right this moment, oh and some wedding invitations and scrapbook album covers...

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new job, Liva!! Your card is absolutely gorgeous!! The flowers and colors are so pretty!! The design is fabulous!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apsveicu ar tik foršām pārmaiņam!!!))

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's enormous that you are getting ideas from this post as well as from our discussion made at this place.

    Stop by my web page ... oppa-ps.fs.cvut.cz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow your card is stunning! I love the flowers and striped DP. Great to hear you found a job! I can imagine feeling the need to be around people, I myself am looking for a job at the moment. Good luck with your new job and I am looking forward to seeing your new creations! Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the new job. I hope it is just right for you.
    Rae Ann O.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)