Friday, May 17, 2013

Happy Birthday

 Until my teen years ended I could never imagine how it was possible for some people to not know their age at any given moment... well it's been for some time now that I need to think a moment before I remember how old I am and today I am getting one year older. It's not that it saddens me, but more that I wonder how comes that time has flown so fast.
Even thou today the birthday is for me, this card was made for my new colleague, that had a birthday last week.
 I made this rose using instructions on TH 12 tags of Christmas. It is one of the best rosemaking tutorials ever - and a very simple one at that. Especially if you have 3 punched/diecut flower shapes.
 I have lost somewhere my Nesties bracket label die, so I had to cut these inner shapes by hand - it turn out that my hand has "forgotten" how to cut using xacto knife from too much using die cutting machines :)
 I colored my papers using Aquamarine Flexmarker, to match my patterned paper in the middle. And to have some more shading, I used a bit of Evergreen Bough And Scattered Straw Distress ink. Leaves are a mix of die cut and punched shapes.
I very much liked this card and hope that you do to! Happy birthday to me :)


3 comments:

  1. Happy, happy birthday, Liva!! I hope your day is filled with much love and happiness my friend!! Your card is absolutely stunning!! The flower is gorgeous!! I love the colors and design!! Happy birthday again!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this card is amazing! I love the colors and those leaves are stunning! Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)