Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tutorial - DIY Dotted Embossing Plate

 Small dotted embossed paper has always been a favorite of mine. Since I don't have any embossing folder that could do this for me, I even have sometimes embossed those little dots by hand using ball stylus. Now I have figured out a little better way how to do this.
I started off with printing a template of dots. At first I made it 15x15 cm (6x6'') large, but my end result is smaller, because I got tired from punching holes :)
If you need a template, you can get mine here.
 I adhered my template to a piece of chipboard.
 Just start punching holes using Crop-A-Dile Big Byte's smallest punching option. That's where I got bored towards end, and decided to cut off those least few rows of dots...
This is what my paper looks like when embossed using my new plate. Well it isn't as nice as a real deal, but it's for free. You need to use embossing mats (whatever the company, Spellbinders rubber ones or Sizzix one) to create the relief using your die cutting machine.

Hope this was useful!

2 comments:

  1. The embossing looks fabulous and you can't beat free!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is spectacular Liva! I think your embossing turned out wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)