Thursday, February 7, 2013

One Die - Several Different Possibilities. Part IV

I bet you waited for another furry friend! Well - no! This time it is a vase - can't you see the shape of my vase as a head of that Sizzix Puppy die? Well but it is.
I cut away all unnecessary details and then went around edges using small wooden ball stylus. I'm working on a soft mouse pad.
Then I embossed center of my vase using large stylus - it really gives some depth to my vase.
This is how my vase looks from other side - now just put lots of dimensional tape under it and it's ready to be filled with flowers.
For this card, I'm also using my new Sizzix Damask Frame - it's such a beautiful die! I got this lovely frame from patterned paper and as it was one sided I could easily use inside part as white background, just by turning my paper upside-down. I actually wen a little bit further by embossing it with my Sizzix Diamond embossing folder.
Then it was time to make my flowers. I decided to make them from a very beautiful floral napkin - what's with me and napkins lately? But nevertheless I die cut these lovely flowers using Sizzix Bigz L die Flower Layers. Then again I separated all layers of my napkin.
Fold each layer in half...
and then again in half - sort of by pinching it at the base - you've got yourself a fluffy flower. Just use some liquid glue - in my case it was Glossy Accents to adhere all that pinched loveliness to your card base.
I placed white ones behind my colored ones. And then just for some more shine and detail, I sprayed my flowers with spray glue and sipped some white and pink glitter on - pretty! Once again I used my green plastic ribbon to make bow - seems that this ribbon is one of my favorites these days - maybe because of the color - spring is coming folks :)
Here's just a little close-up to show my embossing. The base of my card was embossed with my DIY dotted embossing plate - I thought it goes well with that diamonds embossing.

Well this was certainly something different.

1 comment:

  1. Terrific card my dear:)
    Gorgeous work:)
    Big hug,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)