Wednesday, February 6, 2013

One Die - Several Different Possibilities. Part III

So it's time for some cat action! Even thou at present we don't have a kitty at home, these cuddly creatures are close to my heart. And it is so easy to make this kitty from Sizzix Dog, puppy die. All you need to do is snip those ears off and turn them so that they are like my kitties ears in the pic above - and that's all - you've got a cat instead of a dog :)
I also substituted it's nose with that little heart included in this die - just like with my bunny in previous post. And I also added string/wire whiskers, but this time I colored them using gray ProMarker. And if you're wondering how my cat got that fur - well, here's how:
I die cut my shape from a napkin with music notes and then cut little straight lines all around my shape. then I separated all layers and glued together again (and on my base shape) - but this time just the middle part till my cuts. Did some little scrunching up with those cuts and I had a fur.
I did all my coloring again using chalks - napkin takes them better than any other medium and kitty looks more realistic with blended browns and yellows.
I made these small flowers by punching gesso-ed and inked newspaper, then little shaping using ball stylus and some liquid pearls in yellow and blue.
As this actually is an easel card, I drew some grass and cut it with scissors to make a stopper for my cardfront. Both, this grass and my front background, are painted with acrylic paints. Just inside of my cards was inked using Distress ink.
I simply had to add this pin to my bow, because when the card was opened, my bow tended to swing backwards and the ends of the bow were standing up - not a pretty sight. So after I added this pin and stuck it's end behind my cat it stand perfectly and lies flat when card is closed.
So this is my card opened. I love how my kitty sits behind that grass :) And I also like that there's still plenty of place for a greeting - handwritten or stamped.

Hope you like my newest addition to my die cut family - but you know, that there's more to come, right?

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful creation! Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely adorable, Liva!! What a sweet kitty!! I love how you made the fur!! You are so creative with the dog die!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic creation Liva:) Brilliant idea for This 3D cat:)
    Hugs,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)