Saturday, February 2, 2013

One Die - Several Different Possibilities. Part I

 I could never have imagined that my girls would one day go crazy over a die! But this day has come - you can't get them away from my new Sizzix Puppy die.
I had never been a fan of single animal or other die that you would initially think just one way of using, but... the longer I play with this die, the more other uses for it I find. In just one day, I've already made four different cards using this die and have couple more ideas to follow. I will share these cards one at a time, because there are some additional details about them that I would like to show you in a mini tutorial way.
 My sentiment says something along: "Woof, woof something for you!" The star itself is inked with Faded Jeans and Frayed Burlap Distress inks. And I have wrapped my card with three strings colored with alcohol markers.
 I love my dog collar - just small, yellow Dovecraft eyelets and a jingle bell - pretty cute! I also added some star shaped eyelets to my star embossed background.
I made this embossing folder - just cut two layers of stars using my Silhouette cutter from cardstock and then glued together stars and surrounding space, then glued stars to one side of folded card - while they were still inside the negative space. Then flipped my creation over and glued negative space to other side of that folded card. even thou the embossing is OK,  I think I will add another layer of stars to make them just a bit more outstanding.

Hope you enjoy my little buddy and stay tuned for more,

2 comments:

  1. This is so absolutely adorable!! I love, love the puppy!! I am going to have to get this...my niece is dog-crazy!! Thanks so much for the inspiration!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pup, love the card.

    Thanks for the know how of making an embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)