Thursday, February 7, 2013

Dash Of Wonderful Colors

It's bean a long time since I have last played along with Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Trigger, but I just couldn't stay away from this one:
Isn't this one of the loveliest color schemes ever?
 I started off by die cutting heart from chipboard. I just love that I now have this Bigz die so that I am able to cut chipboard or any other thick materials.
In order to mimic the look of cross stitch I decided to cover my heart with paint stripes. I put a glob of paint on my craft sheet and then went through it with straight edge of chipboard and then "stamped" those cross lines. Then I poked holes in every crossing all over my heart.

I embossed and painted that wooden looking paper. I have used that Tim Holtz Woodgrain embossing folder so much and every time it turns out beautiful.
I also made these little peonies - well they are supposed to be peonies. I used Sizzix Lovely Flowers dies and stamp set - they are so cool! I think I will make a tutorial for these, because they turned out so nice.
I also used Sizzix Banner embossing plate under my composition - it has these lovely small dots around edges. Small doily and piece of lace complemented my card just fine.

I will enter this card in these challenges:
Simon Says Stamp: Have A Heart
Mojo Monday: Sketch

Have a colorful day,

5 comments:

  1. OH, I love this, Liva! A beautiful take on the trigger! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really gorgeous - love the layers & textures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous!! I love how you stamped the color on the heart - so creative!! The texture and design are fabulous!! Have a wonderful day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card Liva! Such lovely lace and flower and I think you interpreted the image wonderfully for this challenge. Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Liva! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)