Tuesday, January 29, 2013

You're In my Heart

I don't know what it is,  but recently my attention has turned on gray. I can't actually say what it is, but gray just speaks to me. Unfortunately I don't have any gray cardstock and I think that in my city I can't get one, so must do without it...
I would love to see this card made out of gray cardstock with a white core, but this time I used white cardstock and Iced Spruce Distress ink.
I drew some flourishes in harts and cut them with my Silhouette. I really liked this idea of layering glittered hearts - love my Martha Stewart's assortment pack of glitters - haven't been a color that I couldn't find.
I also recently love to make paper ruffles - office paper is the best - it's thin and well foldable or pliable and it also take well Distress ink.
This was actually the first time I used this wonderful Sizzix Vines embossing folder even thou I've had it for a long time. It's just perfect. I applied ink directly on folder and embossed it. Then I colored all hearts using RV29 Copic marker and then went all over again with the same ink.
I also used Flowers, Branches and Leaves Sizzlits die to make those lovely white leaves sticking out under my heart. I think this is the die I use most often - it's so versatile and suits so many cards.

I had real fun making this card!

2 comments:

  1. This is VERY PRETTY. I really like it.
    Rae Ann O.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, beautiful design...love that heart and the way you've framed it..how eye catching.

    xo
    Judy

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)