Thursday, January 10, 2013

We Had A Princess Party

My Aleksa had a name day princess party a while ago. As this was the first party for my girls since we came to live at our own home and as here it is so much easier to have friends over, I think I went a little over the top :) or maybe not... I made this treat table by covering our coffee table with white fabric and pink organza. Then I hung pink princess bed canopy over the table - we have had this for a long time, but since my girls now have a bunk bed, we don't use it. It was nice to use it once again.
 Girls favorites were these rolled waffles I had stuck on wooden skewers, dipped in melted white chocolate and scattered some silver candy balls over it.
 Another favorite of kids were these heart shaped sandwiches - two bread slices, lettuce, sausage slice and cheese - all cut with a large heart cookie cutter. We were eating leftovers from the cutting for couple more days after the party.
 I made milkshakes and poured them into empty drink bottles. I drilled holes in lids of the bottles to put straws through.
 An acquaintance of mine made this cake - thank you so very much!
 I also glued painted candlesticks under  jars and added some door knobs on top. Then I filled them with colorful marmalade and candy. I also got this wonderful apothecary jar and filled it with pink and white marshmallows.
 These ones are wrapped Dumle candy bars.
Girls also liked these skewers with grapes and fruits.
 I also tried making these huge pom poms - they actually looked a lot better from down than in this pic.

And one of the funniest activities the girls had was this frog kissing. Paint lips using red lipstick (the best part ever), ty eyes with a scarf, turn around several times and then try to kiss the frog as close to the mouth as possible.

Now it's time for me to get ready for Monster High ball at the end of this month when Aleksa turns 7.

I will enter this party into Decorate To Celebrate any party theme challenge. Thanks Lisa for recommending it to me :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow, everything looks absolutely amazing, Liva!! What an awesome party this must have been!! I love how you used the bed canopy!! And the heart sandwiches are adorable!! You should link this up at Decorate to Celebrate for our Any Theme Party (http://decoratetocelebrate.blogspot.com/). Have a great day my friend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cute party thank you for joining us at decorate to celebrate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so cute! I saw your entry over at decorate to celebrate. I am always looking for ideas that I can do with my Daisy Girl Scout troop, this party is adorable!

    Hugs,

    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  4. What FABULOUS creations from start to finish!! You thought of every detail and they are all PERFECT!! :)

    Thanks so much for decorating your celebrations at the Decorate To Celebrate! Challenge Blog -- we'd love to see your decorations and party supplies for our NEW Challenge!! :)

    BIG HUGS,
    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
    and Decorate To Celebrate!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)