Tuesday, January 8, 2013

My Sweet, Sweet Valentine

I had this idea of a heart border for a card and today I drew it up and cut with my Silhouette. I created vertical and horizontal borders and 4 different sizes to fit for A6 and square cards - just fronts or folded to make whole card.
Additionally I embossed the front of my card with my long time favorite TH Flourishes embossing folder and inked everything with various Distress inks.
The flower is made from Saspeso Trasparente technique, which is basically heated and molded plastic - but it looks so well!  I added some green plastic ribbon and some swirls of the same ribbon. For a bit more detail I added that absolutely gorgeous metallic filigree leaf.
Here you can see some more detail of my heart border - I sure will use it in some other projects as well.

I will enter this card into these challenges:
613 Avenue Create: Anything Goes
Challenges 4 Everybody: Anything Goes
Dream Valley Challenges: Anything Goes
The Crafty Bloggers Network: Flowers
Make My Monday: Dry Embossing
The Pretty Little Ribbon shop: Flowers And Ribbons
Simon Says Stamp & Show: Something Old (My very first embossing folder - I so love it)
Simon Says Stamp: New Something (My new heart border)


That's all for today - must go to tend for Emilia - she's sick again and this time her ear is in pain so I haven't slept at all....

13 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Quite unique.
    Rae Ann O.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is absolutely stunning, Liva!! I love the border heart design and the embossing is fabulous!! The flower is beautiful!! What a gorgeous card!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! That flower is really quite something! Very cool! Thanks so much for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh!My!Gooodness...This is STUNNING & So BEAUTIFUL!what a Gorgeous Flower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is just stunning Liva.

    Thanks so much and sharing with us at Pretty Little Ribbons challenge this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning and gorgeous...love this card to pieces.. thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card! Thanks for playing with us at 613 Avenue C.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card, love the flower and the colour, thanks for joining us over at the CBN Challenge this month
    Hugs
    Ang
    Crafty Bloggers Network DT
    My Blog: A Crafty Blether

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Great work on the border. Isn't the Silhouette just wonderful? Thanks for stopping by at 613 Avenue Create! We look forward to your next visit!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning creation... I really would love a sillouette machine! Thanks for playing our "anything goes" challenge at Dream Valley!
    Hugs xx Cara xx DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this is absolutely gorgeous!! Love that ink embossed image And your heart border is the perfect finish this for this card! ss

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card!! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Bloggers Network this month.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx
    CBN DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. love it,thank you for joining us at challenge 4 everybody good luck and hope to see you again soon.
    AJ dtm

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)