Sunday, January 27, 2013

Monster High Party

Pardon me for my brief absence, but I just had to make this party for my Big girl - well you only turn 7 once :)
This time I had a bit less to do than for the Princess party, but nevertheless it took from my a few night sleep.
I got a little panic attack when I realized, that I haven't got a black fabric to cover the table, so I actually used a Duvet cover with some Eastern symbols.
I made lots of banners that all the girls were ecstatic about. and once again used pink princess canopy.
These were also a big hit - small packets of popcorn - colored popcorn. I have named it "the poisonous popcorn". The red one turned out very nice and kids said that it was bloody. Then I also made black popcorn, but it turned out just light gray. and the blue one turned out very light green :)
To ensure that overly buttered popcorn doesn't make grease stains on my packets, I lined them with plastic wrap.
 This time I served milk with these granulated straws - kids so love that they get to have a milkshake from a straw. I don't know how healthy they are, but once in a year - why not?
Just a little green food coloring and sugar paste to make these beauties - monster cupcakes :) It was so much fun to make them and eat as well.
Sweets on Popsicle sticks and sandwiches - what more could you ask...
I made these small (A6 sized) note pads and stickers as party favors - needless to say - big surprise for the girls!

these sweet butterflies were taken to Aleksa's school to share with her classmates - simple and fun!

But I suppose the most fan was to have a photoshoot as MH Barbies themselves. I made these extra large pictures - had to print them on 9 and 6 separate A+ sized sheet each, then glue together and then glue to extra thick and large card. then I actually pinned these to my coffee table tuned on it side - it provided stability. I hope that these girls will remember this party for a long time.

I was quite exhausted after this, but now I'm ready to do some other crafting...

12 comments:

  1. WOW, what fabulous party decorations!! You did such an amazing job!! Those cupcakes look so adorable and delicious!! The large Barbie cutouts are so fun!! I would have loved to attend such an awesomely decorated party!! I hope she had a wonderful birthday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ak,jel, kāds darbs ieguldīts! Riktīgs malacis esi! Bērni droši vien lepni par savu labāko mammu pasaulē :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, you made so many great items for this party, I bet the girls loved it! The cakes are so cute and those photo props with the barbies on it are such a great idea! Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super, super, super! Tiiik labi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did you do the photo props of MH dolls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. can you let me know how you made the life size posters.

      Delete
  6. This is SO... Cute!!! I love the Life size barbie photo props!!! Can you explain in more detail how you made them, I would LOVE to make these for my nieces birthday party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would also love to know how you made the cut outs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The photo props are awesome and unique! Would you be willing to share the file you used to print them?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you have tutorials on your Monster High party?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would you be willing to make some photo props for other people?

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)