Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I Really Do Love You!

Finally my banner-o-mania was unleashed :) I've kinda wanted to incorporate banners in my projects, but even thou the shapes are quite simple, never have liked to make them by hand. And I also happen to like stamped banners - well I have an opportunity now. Because this wonderful company called Sizzix :) has provided me with an amazing banner stamp and dies set:
My hand got itchy in the moment I unpacked this item - this set is gorgeous! even thou I didn't use any stamps this time, I don't think it will have to wait for any longer, when I will use them as well.
absolutely all of paper used to make this banner come out of my scrap box and I'm so glad about that. If I'm not mistaken those were designer papers from three different collections.

As you probably have guessed the text on my banner is "I {heart} you". I cut my words using Silhouette - 3 times each and then glued one on top of the other to get the thickness and the word would stand out a bit better. I colored the top layer with V01 Copic marker, but then realized that the color was not matching my papers, so I went over with Sunkissed Pink ProMarker - got the best matching color to my papers ever :)
Then I die cut heart using Sizzix Bigz die Heart, Stem & Leaves die - this heart was the perfect size for my banner - and I also do not have any other heart die. And then I did something that I usually don't do - I embossed my die cut shape. I used Sizzix Butterflies And Flowers Set embossing folder - it had this beautiful daisy that I could easily position in the center of my heart.
On top of my heart, i adhered an old leather bow with sparkling gems - it actually came from my gloves.   Maybe I slowly turn into a hoarder  I seem to keep lot's of junk - but I also tend to use it now and then :) (what's with me and these smilies today?)
Another new thing to me is Decorative Strip dies. I got to use for the first time Tim Holtz Rosette die. As I don't own extended cutting plates and platform, it is quite inconvenient to cut it, but if you're real cautious it's totally doable. But anyway - that platform and cutting pads are 1st on my shopping list, because using those it takes twice as less time than without them and you also don't get any mistakes.
I used some macrame style ribbon to hold my banner and pearl brads in the centers of rosettes. And as a little more hearty accent, I added small pearl hearts in each corner of my banner shapes.


Now I can't decide whether to leave this lovely piece at home where I can see it every day, or to ship it off to Germany for my hubby :)

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous banner!! I love the colors and the beautiful design!! It's stunning!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning banner and shelves to! Love the background paper! I can see why you'd get itchy fingers unpacking treasures like these, and I love what you've created with them!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)