Thursday, October 11, 2012

We Have Christmas Dwarfs

In my country instead of elves, we have dwarfs, so I decided to make my own sitting dwarf stamp. Why sitting? Because I wanted to seat him on the edge of a snowy chimney.
So what better way to make a chimney is to use TH brick embossing folder and lots of different Distress inks. As I wanted to add something different to my card, I decided to use packaging from a different embossing folder, turned it outside in - this way making the dent of the packaging on the outside and being able to place my chimney and dwarf inside it.
I wanted to make snow from very small pieces of whitish plastic cellophane - artificial snow that looks quite real, gives small shine and bulk, but unfortunately I haven't still brought that to my new home. So without my loved material I had to improvise - so I used cotton wool and glued it on the chimney edge.
Inside the card, I glued white cardstock - just the same size as the outside "dent". I have a sentiment printed on this cardstock. Font I used is Penshurst with added swirls from Nymph - both free from dafont.com.

Have any of you caught the Christmas waiting bug? Well I haven't... ...exactly, but I'm so close...


4 comments:

  1. This is fabulous, Liva!! I love the sitting dwarf and the chimney looks amazing!! How creative to use the clear packaging for the card!! Love it!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! I love the way this turned out! It is amazing. It actually makes the dwarf look highly dimensional. Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sweet Pea. Just wanted to stop in and say hi. Love this little guy...giggle..he reminds me of cousin it on the Monsters show. You're such a create live booger. I need that clear plastic while I'm coloring.

    xo

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)