Thursday, August 23, 2012

What I've Been Doing

Well for those who might been wondering why there are so few post, even thou I said I'm back in the crafting mode - there is a pretty good explanation. I have been creating some souvenirs to sell at most beautiful and largest palaces of our country - Rundale palace. This was my very first time in a craft fair or whatever you could call it and that's why this post is going to be very long one :)
I started with decoupaged plates. This one is of another castle in city Bauska. From other side this castle is repaired, but from another century so it's not all just stones and that...

 This plate was one of my favorites - it was almost hard to say good bay to it :). I love that sky and those Sospesso Trasparente style flowers.
 Well this is something that I messed up a little bit, but well first time is a first time...

 As Rundale palace has the biggest rose garden in our country as well, these small roses complement the castle nicely.
I also did two plates with just printed rice paper - but it did take me lots of work to design this plate. Get all those photos, turn them into a line drawings and then assemble in one circle...

 And after plates, I created some cards. These ones I suppose were my favorites, because of all the roses. Oh cutting them all out took a lot of time...

 This card is made in a 3D card decoupage style - with different parts raised on sticky foam pads. I made a digi stamp out of photo of palace and then colored it with ProMarkers.

 The same applies for this card as from the above - just with this one I got to bend those turrets a bit as well. Dank, that in photo you just can't see the actual 3D effect.







And these cards are all cut with Silhouette and made into our flag colors - deep red and white. all these cut images are Latvian symbols - like the first one being Lielvardes Belt of supposedly woven secret and ancient knowledge of space creation and last being Auseklis - the morning star and protector of evil.

Hope you liked a little insight in my country - be proud of yours as well,


2 comments:

  1. Your display of items is gorgeous!! Wow, I love everything you made...so creative and fabulous :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning creations Liva - you are such a talented lady.
    Hugs
    Denise xx

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)