Thursday, August 23, 2012

Watercoloring With ProMarkers - Digi Doodle Shops Challenge - Pearls

 It's time for a very, very special name day... oh shoot... well that also,  but it's time for Digi Doodle Shop's Challenge and this weeks it is pearls. For me, when it comes to using pearls, most often is to use liquid pearls, because real ones - or the crafty sort - is very hard and expensive to get here in Latvia. I also like that with liquid pearls you can choose your own size as you wish.
 I am in love with Graphic45 Ladies Diary paper and I think will use it on every upcoming project :) But this time I chose to try something that I almost never do - stamp on a patterned paper. Well I have tried that before, but never with satisfying results, but this time - boy it felt so wonderful! I pulled out lots of different stamps - some of the my own (like handwriting and music notes) - and just played with them. Most of the inspiration actually came from newly discovered challenge site, where they have these most amazing vintage sketches - Vintage Cafe Card Challenge.
This card is actually first for many things. I had wanted to try this "no lines" coloring for very long time, but somehow, whenever I printed a digi image, I forgot to change it's color to very, very light gray. In fact I printed this lovely rose corner so light that sometimes it was hard to see where I'm supposed to color. I also printed this rose onto a watercolor paper - oh my those markers bled like hell, but I think that I did achieve that watercolorish look. I also used the label from the same stamp and turned it into a SDSilhouette cutting shape - it's so easy when you trace image and get a vector image instead.
Sentiment in the middle says - Congratulations!

And here's the absolutely, unquestionably the most amazing sketch I have ever seen:

I am going to enter this card also in Simon Says Stamp And Show No Rules challenge.

After I have made this card, I get this feeling - well the one you realize this is the moment you ever create anything, why you ever try to do anything - to get this satisfaction feeling when you look at your own work. and it doesn't matter if others may not have the same feelings about it, thou it won't hurt either :)
Take care,


8 comments:

  1. WOW, this is stunning!! What an absolutely gorgeous card, Liva!! I love everything about it!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Liva - love how you have coloured that rose corner and the papers are so pretty.
    Hugs
    Denise xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty and feminine!
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow liva what a stunning card ,love the no lines colouring...it is beautiful
    traceu x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back with us sweetie. This is so gorgeous, I have really missed your fab work.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning!!! The Simon Says Stamp & Show design team thanks you for participating in this week's challenge! - Ashli

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa and double wow!! This is just stunning!! Great job hun.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)