Monday, August 20, 2012

Once In A while My Girl Gets Crafty

As every summer Simon Says Stamp challenge blog have a special challenge just for crafty kids. It is a thing enough to get my Aleksa interested in a cardmaking - well at least for couple of hours :)
She takes all these thing very seriously, so she started with studying my recently bought Cardmaking magazine for some inspiration. I gave here these Post-It index stickers to mark those pages where she saw a card that she would wish to make. In the end almost every page was marked :) But we got to choose the first one she marked - a quite simple layering with a lovely colored girl.
 Look at that concentration on her face while she is cutting the chosen image.
One thing she enjoys very, very much is drawing and coloring, so when I introduced her to watercolor pencils and gave her an art school worth lecture about light and shadows, she was happy to finally begin coloring.
Well as it was a very late evening, that was it for the day - and for the week :) But when her friend came along one day, I got both girls to make a card - or finish one. I will share the other card in a separate post to be able to enter them both in challenge, as Mr. Linky doesn't allow to enter one post twice :(
I am quite proud of my 6 year old girl - when she have a mind to it, she can make some pretty things :)
Well - of-course it is a mothers job to prize their children, but I do think that I have seen grown ups have images colored more poorly than she did - well maybe except for the bleeding parts :)

Lovely isn't it?
Well have a day full of sunshine,


9 comments:

  1. Your daughter is soooo adorable. Sweetie you did a fabulous card. Well beyond your years. Awesome job coloring her. You should enter some challenges with this one. Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, she is soooo sweet!! She really is concentrating on her task!! Her card is just gorgeous!! I love her coloring!! She takes after her crafty Momma :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card Aleksa, I love your colours and papers, your image is gorgeous...........your colouring and your details are brilliant.

    love
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Cgildren challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very beautiful card. I love the image you used and your colouring is perfect. You will be published in no time !
    Thank you so much for joining us in the Simon Says Stamp Children's Challenge !

    Hugs,

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Aleksa :-) I can see that alot of research went into making this and it was well worth it ! your card is stunning !!

    fabulous photo's that Mum took of you creating too :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Children's Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card Aleksa! Like your layout and your image is really cute!
    Pearl x

    ReplyDelete
  7. the little girl on the card is so cute!!1 (from Shelby)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super adorable!!!(from mallory)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)