Friday, August 3, 2012

I'm Back With TH Tag/Card

Oh my - when I look back and see that my last regular post was in the end of April, my heart wants to weep - it's been so long. There were so many not so happy things during this time and one very huge and very happy thing. I just don't want to talk about unhappy ones, but the happy one is that finally I have my own home in this very small town of childhood sunny days and all my friends close by. So I'm back on crafting and hopefully this will be my last break.
So here I am and here is my first crafty thing to show you - a first approach to Tim's twelve tags - the 2012 August's tag.
Of-course there were lots of things I don't have from the TH arsenal, but there is always room for improvisation.
 First thing I didn't have is his pinecone die, so I used my own rosette Silhouette files to cut them from watercolor paper. I prefer always cutting that kind of things from white paper or card and then use Distress inks right on them while they are still on cutting mat - it makes so much easier to ink them.
I also had no cameo and frame stamps, but again I used my own vintage came silhouette and frame cutting files which I then colored black and embossed frame with TH Black Soot distress embossing powder.
 I also don't have his leaves and branch dies but once again I used my own cutting files to cut two different leaves and branches - I cut more of them to have for some other time. As previous I cut them from watercolor paper and inked right on cutting mat.  As these would not look quite nice if sanded, I used brown ink to create creases on leaves.
I decided to use pink acrylic pain for background, which was embossed with TH damask texture fade.  Flowers were inked with two of summer seasonal Distress inks - salty ocean and picked raspberry - such adorable colors and my first use of them. The third flower was inked with mustard seeds ink. And of-course lots of brown inks. For shimmer I used Stickles that I brushed all over using small brush.
 No crinkle ribbon or small trinkets, but some organza ribbon, pin and matching pearls.
I adorned my cameo lady with small liquid pearls as earring and hair accessories.

I had so much fun and hope that this is just one of the first everyday crafting marathon I'm planning on :)
Take care and keep on crafting,


7 comments:

  1. So good to have you back Liva. Love your tag - those flowers are gorgeous.
    Hugs
    Denise xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! What beautiful work...love love the colors and the flowers! Nice job! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tag! I love the adornments on your cameo lady. So delicate looking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back, Liva and congratulations on your new home!! Wow, your tag is gorgeous!! The flowers are stunning and I love the sparkle!! Awesome take on Tim's tag!! :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty tag. Love the silhouette & gorgeous flowers. Sx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Liva, it's good to see you are back! I am so sorry for the unhappy things, but congratulations on your new home! I love your card, the flowers are so pretty! Love the colors. Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)