Friday, August 10, 2012

Garden Girl - Fabulous Friday Fabric Challenge

 What a joy to be making scrapbook pages again - so missed it! This Friday on Frosted Designs Fabulous Friday is all about fabric. As I wanted to take part in Graphic45 summer layout challenge as well, I chose to use their Tropical Travelogue papers.
As the FF challenge is for fabric, I used torn linen square underneath my photos. It was also sprayed with Meadow Color Wash.
As the Travelogue papers mostly have a hibiscus motif going through, I decided to cut some masks with my SDSilhouette, place them on background paper and spray with Stream and Sunset Orange Color Wash.
The photos I chose for this layout are with my little Emilia at her grand grandmother garden where she is watering flowers with this tiny watering can. I wanted them to feel more vintage like - more sweeter I suppose. So I found this tutorial of vintage Photoshop effect - it is simply gorgeous. I turned it into an action to use again and again. The best thing about it is that every adjustment can be changed however times you need.
So I changed my photos and gave them creamy Polaroid like frames.
The best part of this layout was to cut out flowers from Island Jewel paper and pile them in clusters - they are so gorgeous. I covered pollens (are they called that???) of flowers with Glossy accents and must say it really brings these babies to life even if you can't see that in photo.
Under these flowers there is a strip of green mosquitoes netting and border sticker.
I added journalling tag sticker with torn linen strip. Some cut flowers and punched out stamp from Paradise Postage paper.
And why I said "punched" stamp - is because I used my Big Bite II to punch out all those small holes around stamps - now I have torn out stamp sheet - that is so cool!

I also used Once Upon A Sketch this months sketch:

These are the products I've used:
Take care and enjoy your rest of the summer,


16 comments:

  1. Wow, what a gorgeous layout, Liva!! I love how you sprayed the masks of the Hibiscus flowers!! The entire design is fabulous!! And the pictures are absolutely adorable!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liva... welcome back! It is so great seeing you create again! And this LO is gorgeous!! I love the way you used the stencils and mist!! And I can't believe you punched all those tiny holes to create the "stamp"!! So worth it though.... everything is beautiful!

    barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to stop by and thank you for entering my giveaway and posting it on your FB!! I appreciate it so much, Liva!! :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. The masking you did is absolutely fabulous! Those bright colors make the hibiscus stand out beautifully. Nice job on your homemade 'stamp' & the photoshop effect really is lovely! Thanks for joining us over at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful page!!
    thanks for join us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice collection! i like all of your cards! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a sweet and delightfully summery page Liva, absolutely wonderful masking/misting and love the layered fussy-cutting! Will have to check out that link on vintage Photoshop effects. Thanks for sharing your page with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely misting and masking. Beautiful bright colour palette. Thanks for playing with us at OUAS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love everything about this page: the bright happy colors and the mix of tecniques. Thank you for the tip on how to make your own stamps :-)
    Thank you for playing with us at OUAS this month!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous layout Liva with perfect color combi and layering!!! Your Emilia is so cute!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it.All kinds of flowers are amazing.Great color pallete!Thank you for joining us at OUAS

    ReplyDelete
  12. adorable!! Thank you for playing with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful layout. Lots of fun fussy-cutting, misting and I love that cheese cloth.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely love your masked background, Live (and I think I'm not the only one lol)!! Your choice of colours is wonderful, also. Thank you for joining us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)