Thursday, April 5, 2012

Spring Time - - DDS Challenge #103 - New Stash

 It's Thursday and time for New Stash challenge at  Digi Doodle Shop Challenges. As I haven't actually gotten any new stash lately, I decided to use something that has been recently added to my crafting space - middle sized paper doilies :) And I also decided to do something that I haven't done before with them - make lacy border around my focal image.
My image this time is the absolutely wonderful Orchid from Flowers & Fruits & Trees category. I couldn't resist making it 3D - this image just speaks to me with it's boldness and to give some shape to each petal seams like the only right thing to do...
My doilies border was spritzed with ColorWash Purple Twilight to match the color of orchid. All I added was that gorgeous green patterned paper and some purple dew drops.

And speaking about DDS - they are having a spring sale right now, so go and check it out!

13 comments:

  1. Stunning. Your work is always so fabulous! I love the lacy border you created!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning! Love those colors..they are so vibrant. Great job hun.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow liva,what a stunner ,love the decoupaged image and gorgeous colours...wonderful creation
    happy easter
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful! Gorgeous image and coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Liva, love how you've decoupaged the image too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome Liva. Really stunning.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. this just popped out so beautifully on the challenge blog! just gorgeous 3-D iris...gorgeous!
    have a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi I'm Jenny new to the Design Team. Wow Liva your card is stunning, I just love the colours you've used. I like how you've used your doily. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've made these Glads look amazingly real. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Liva love your card I think the paper doily is fab !!

    Hugs Mandy your new Teamie :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi

    I love this colour so bold brillant.

    From another teamie

    Tracey mo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Liva, love what you've done with the flowers. I'm one of your new team mates!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous Liva. Love your choice in colours and the details with those doilys are awsome. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)