Friday, April 6, 2012

Pretty Egg Holders - Lost Tutorial For DDS Newsletter

These little cuties were actually meant for the DDS newsletter for month of April, but as my life just got a little bit too messy at the end of March (lot's of reasons, but not to worry about them anymore) as was unable to send it to Judy. Well as Easter is just around the corner, I thought that I just must share this with you.
 Print out your images, color them and cut using oval punch or die. I used these absolutely gorgeous images of   Bunny from Easter category and Turkey In Disguise from Thanksgiving category. My images were 5,5 cm high.
 Measure your egg - in my country medium sized egg is about 14 cm measured around. The best way to measure an egg is to tie string around it and then place that same string to a ruler - or do as I have done - use a flexible ruler :)
So cut a rectangle measured just bit wider than your egg and about 4-5cm high. Then punch one larger side with decorative border punch to mimic grass.
 Then I adhered patterned paper rectangle the same width as my grassy panel, just not that high - to show off my grass.
 Then I added matting scalloped oval to my focal image and adhered both to the middle of my grassy strip.
Use double sided tape or strong glue to glue both ends together and that's it. I've also added bits of fairy hair for just more fun!

Have a wonderful Easter time,

2 comments:

  1. So Sweet!!Adorable!!!
    http://craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)