Friday, April 13, 2012

One Fine Summers Day - FF:Fabulous Friday - Weather

I couldn't think for what to make for this week's weather challenge over at Frosted Designs: Fabulous Friday, but I definitely new that I wanted to make rainbow.
So rainbow it was! I had this rainbow colored paper that I cut in 1,5 cm strips of 8 colors. Then I started with inner arc and concertina folded all strips - must say that I added double sided tape in the other side of strips.
I thought that colorful rainbow should be complemented with bold patterns in title and clouds as well. It is very rarely that I make my titles from patterned papers, but this one actually looks great.
I cut out girls from the photo because they were in front of a big recycle bin and it looked not so very nice. I also love those colorful journalling tags - especially how the one behind photo actually looks like grass and sky.
In the end I thought that my LO looked a bit empty, so I hand-cut this weird sun.

I hadn't made such fun and colorful layout for a long time and I really enjoyed it!

Have a colorful day,

2 comments:

  1. Liva... your layout is fabulous! I love how fun you made it with the rainbow that pops right off the page! I also like the way you cut out the girls in the photo... it adds to the whimiscal feel of the LO! Very pretty!

    barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Liva...your talent is so amazing and inspirational!! The rainbow is just fabulous!! Gorgeous layout!! :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)