Friday, April 27, 2012

Marker Holder - FD: Fabulous Friday - Rolled Paper

 I suppose everyone of my followers have noticed that I love it when I get a chance to upcycle something, so this time when I had to think about rolled paper for my Fabulous Friday challenge, everything that came to my mind was - toilet paper tubes.


All I actually did was to wrap 7 tubes with scrap papers and then add punched white paper and strip of heart patterned paper. Then I cut base from chipboard and covered that with patterned paper and white doily.
Next I hot-glued all tubes to my base and that's it - marker holder was ready. But then I decided that I want some colored images - well it is a MARKER storage and what else do you do with markers than color images?

If you wish to know how I colored that cherry blossom image, you my subscribe if you haven't already to Digi Doodle Shop's newsletter and in May issue there will be a step by step tutorial just for that.

And I will enter this holder into these two fabulous challenges:
Passion For ProMarkers - cut it out challenge and
I Love ProMarkers - floral image challenge

How about some upcycling?


3 comments:

  1. what a fab idea Liva - your pen holder looks lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. I love this. Funky idea, and such a beautful way to display your markers. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so creative and awesome, Liva!! What a great idea, and such a great re-use of toilet paper tubes!! This is fabulous :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)