Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Festival Of Riga 2011

You could say I had an itch! An itch to make some colorful LO with bird diecuts in it. So when I saw those fabulous colors of this weeks Color Combos Galore, I decided to go with them and scrap away...
To match my bird design I found pictures of Riga Festival last summer (If you don' t know Riga is the capital of Latvia) where my girl and her cousin David made clay whistles in the shape of birds.
I used just 3 colored/patterned papers - the rest is inked with Distress inks - Crushed Olive and Broken China. My diecutting didn't go as smooth as I planned it - Silhouette was not cooperating with me that day, but never the less it turned out quite nice.
Title once again is diecut with inked surface of Worn Lipstick and then covered with Glossy Accents to match my epoxy flower stickers that had been in my stash for far too long time.

Here' s the wonderful color palette:

Color, color, color your world in the shades of joy,

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Liva, what a gorgeous layout!! I love the bird die cuts and the colors are so soft and beautiful!! This is stunning!! :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done with all the diecutting. I truly love the look of all thosebirds. Cute photos too. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CCG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, love how you used the transparency in the background it worked in beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)