Sunday, April 8, 2012

Eggshell Flower Pots

I saw this idea somewhere in Pinterest and really thought that I just can't go without it this Easter.
I started with washed and dried egg shells...
...then I popped my shells on bottles to be able to color them more easily. First I gessoed them and then painted with acrylic paints using sponge brush.
Filled my eggs with earth and planted cress in them. I put them back in the cartoon and added some green "fairy hair". We will taste our cress tomorrow at our Easter breakfast - this is the first time my girls actually look forward to eating greenery :)

Have a blessed Easter,

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea to color the eggs! I also used this trick with the eggs and soil to use it as a starter for some seeds for plants on my balcony. It loogs so cute! I wish you a happy Easter! Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)