Friday, March 9, 2012

Teal + Gold + Ledger Paper = Yumm...

 Once in a while I like to play along Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Triggers and when I saw this week's photo I was absolutely in heaven  -those colors and materials are so gorgeous, that I actually made two cards - the other one will be in a separate post.
I thought that the new Distress Evergreen Bough ink is just perfect for direct to paper technique in this project. Then I decided to add a little bit of interest to my background by stamping it with water and script background stamp. Next I wanted to use my new Crafty Secrets Antique Trims stamps and emboss them with gold embossing powder, but I really had a huge disappointment - most of those stamps have a dent right in the middle, so it is impossible to stamp them nicely. I am absolutely disappointed now - I was really looking forward on using these stamps in lot of projects...
So instead I die cut that lace looking strip using Spellbinders die and embossed them instead. I also drew a square around my card with glue pen and embossed that as well. I also added an embossed sentiment in the bottom right corner saying: "Best Wishes".

Then I colored that weird ribbon with Peach ProMarker and made a fluffy bow. Added white metal filigree heart and golden button with greenish middle.
Card itself was mounted on my own ledger paper and that was all...
Look at that gorgeous inspirational photo:
Let the golden light shine upon you and have a life sweet as apricots.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful card! I think you have captured the trigger perfectly with the colors and the gold elements!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Liva! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)