Friday, March 30, 2012

Little Aquanaut - Frosted Designs: Fabulous Friday - Recycle/Upcycle

 I just love when I get to use something over again - especially something that otherwise would be thrown out. So this weeks FD: Fabulous Friday challenge is just right for me. Well for a very long time I have collected various plastic packaging materials that are fit to be turned into shaker cards, ad finally I get to use one of them. Port holes of my submarine are made out of Tim Holtz Hitch Fasteners packaging. I used a hole ruler to measure the radius of my plastic semi-spheres and draw three circles. Then I got out my pencil and started to draw submarine around those circles. As my printer broke down and I haven't been able to fix it jet, I had to go without computer tweaking for this image, but it turned out pretty good anyway.
I filled my spheres with blue micro beads and various colored glass dew drops. They look amazing and my girls just love to shake them up a bit!
I didn't want to add nothing more, so I just place my submarine on blueish background and wrote "Little Aquanaut" alongside it.

Well, what are you waiting for? Go and recycle something!

4 comments:

  1. Liva this submarine is amazing!!! That's such a good idea to use the packaging to make these fun shiny windows! I looove it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Liva! This is amazing! Such a great idea and I love the submarine! Great way to recycle those plastic thingies! Makes me want to do a shaker card! Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, Liva, this is amazing!! WOW!! What a fabulous idea!! I love this!! Those windows are spectacular and the microbeads look so beautiful!! You are so creative...this is stunning :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this!!! Amazing how you incorporated the packaging into it!!!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)