Saturday, March 3, 2012

I {heart}

 Some time ago, in Latvian social network draugiem.lv I saw a photo gallery with photos showing heart shapes in nature. One photo especially caught my eye - see it below. It inspired me so much, that I decided to turn that photo into my own wall art.
I got out my blank 12'' canvas and spread some modeling paste all over it. Then I went over with fork and let it dry.
Then it was just a matter of getting some acrylic paints on. And...
.. rolling and gluing down lots of napkin balls in the shape of heart, Then again it was the matter of painting these balls. I must admit that I really like this piece. It has so much texture, but not too much. And there are so many different undertones to those greens with slight touch of yellow.

Here's the inspirational photo:

I wish you well from all my heart,

4 comments:

  1. agree with you Liva the textured heart is great - thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is amazing Liva! Great texture indeed and lovely colors. Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love this technique! So pretty and the texture is great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful colors, Liva! I'm so glad you added your name to the Moxie Fab World Blog Roll! I look forward to visiting from time to time! :)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)