Thursday, March 22, 2012

Bookmark For My Little New Reader - DDS Challenge #100 - Use DDS Image

 Jippy Yay - It's an anniversary for Digi Doodle Shop Challenges - 100th challenge! I am so honored to be part of their design team. And this time you have to use their image - this is just awesome because any of tehir images are really cool! This time I needed to make a bookmark for Aleksa, who have recently started to read book and asked me something to mark her progress in the book. I am also so proud of her - to read long books at her age - I definitely didn't do that when I was 6.
So I chose one of the newest DDS stamps - Pocket Full Of Posies from the Flowers & Fruits & Trees category.
 For my background I took patterned paper from K&Company's photo mat pad - just inked it and drew some faux stitching.
I also included die cut letters for Aleksa's name - colored them with ProMarkers.
 This image is attached just with the top of that pocket, so that it makes flap to be tucked over pages. I thought that different brads will add some pizzazz to my project and you know how little girls are about pizzazz....
 This is how the bookmark looks like when you open book at the exact page...
... and this is how the bookmark looks when the book is closed. Kind a cute, don't you think? Well Aleksa likes it and I hope that she will put it to good use as well.

Maybe should we all go read some book?

13 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous and so grown up looking for your new little reader.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Liva, what a great and creative bookmark! Love how a part pops out above the book, so pretty! Your card arrived today, thank you so much! Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liva this is so pretty and such a clever design. I bet your little reader loves it.
    Hugs
    Denise xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful bookmark!! I am sure Aleksa loves it. That is the perfect image for this project.

    xx Star

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful...and sooo creative! I like it! Thanks for sharing it! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is Gorgeous!!!!Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Liva. Love the colours and design and I am sure she'll love it too. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Burvīga un ļoti skaista grāmatzīme! Tos vārda burtus Tu ar roku zīmēji un griezi vai ar kaut kādu speciālu aparātu?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loooove this bookmark! Great colors and the design just pops! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous bookm ark liva...so pretty .i bet Aleksa adores it
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is soooooooo cool!.. How adorable, and what a unique way this fits in a book. I just love it hun! Beautifully colored as well.

    xx
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this Liva and what a great idea!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so creative and beautiful, Liva!! I am an avid reader and would love a bookmark like this!! Your design is so gorgeous!! I love it :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)