Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Whimsy Flower Garden

I decided to participate in jet another Moxie Fab challenge and this time the one for using your trimming tools in a different way. Not sure if this qualifies as that, but I have made lots of different circles using various decorative scissors. All patterned papers except background music notes are from K&Company 8,5'' paper pad Brenda Walton Madeline. Music notes are my own from the Vintage Basics paper pack available at my Etsy store.
All circles were inked with Distress ink. I used one of my few sentiment stamps in English, that came free with PAperCrafts inspirations magazine some time ago. As almost all of my inks are Distress inks, that is the ink I have to stamp my sentiments with. Well you all probably already know that this ink is not very good with clear stamps and sentiments, so I thought of a way do diminish the bleeding and "dotting" effect. First I covered my stamp with VersaMark and just then with Distress ink - when compared together, sentiment stamped just with Distress ink was more blurred than the one stamped with VersaMark.

I really enjoyed creating something unusual for me - but I suppose that is my favorite thing to try different ways and techniques, hope you do too,

4 comments:

  1. That is very effective idea Liva and it is good to think of how to use our tools to get value for money too as many are not cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to go and check out your Etsy shop. My goodness Liva you have come such a LONG way in your artistic development, there is no end to your creativity darling! What a neat idea using circles in this way, it loos lovely! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)