Thursday, February 2, 2012

Pink Wishes

Mhmmm - pink! What is it with pink and girls anyway? Never mind actually, just love the color - thou not as much as light blue that is...
This is a card I made for Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger challenge. There is this most delicious pic to be inspired from:
So that is what I started with - took a pink card and embossed it with TH flourishes embossing folder. Then to have some glaze on it, I swiped VersaMark over the embossed areas and embossed them with clear embossing powder - yummy!
Then I wrapped bottom part of that card with some old beige lace and covered seam with brown polka-dotted ribbon. Placed my panel on brown card and adhered everything to a card blank.
Then I cut several layers of pale beige damask napkin with scalloped nestie's die. Also did some shading with E002 Copic marker on edges. Folded some lace and pinned all together with a large pink brad.
Stamped my sentiment "Best Wishes" and cut it out banner style. Did some inking on this one with Distress inks.
To mimic the sprinkles on cakes, I used my Paper Pen to add small "pearls" around embossed flourishes.

Pretty pinkie, isn't it?

15 comments:

  1. Ļoti, ļoti skaista kartiņa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liva this looks more yummy than the cakes! If only it was edible too :-)
    Love Pearl x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PINK! LOVE IT!!! I am especially fond of the beautiful flower! wendy xx
    p.s. I have candy :0

    ReplyDelete
  5. The richness of your card so suits the Trigger picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love your flower.
    Rae Ann O.
    http://joyinart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful Liva.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very bright job! Love this image! the card is fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my world :-) , this is exceptional, that design paper with the flourishes is stunning and the flower is amazing, one of the best cards I have seen today, absolutely fantastic...
    Big hugz
    Kenzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looove this card! The colors and design are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous card, and I think it has a look of the 1920's somehow, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, and your flower looks amazing on it.
    Hugs Nataliya

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely yummie card Liva! so loved reading about your process creating it, totally inspirational! ha ha so you love pale blue too? I love all shades of blue. My nightmare is orange which also seems to be a challenging colour for quite many as we see it in so many challenges. Let's say it doesn't give me tummy ache any longer, but if I can leave it out ... Gosh that flower is just amazing, how pretty with the lace and the cut-out napkin layers. I have made similar ones out of silk paper wrapping, just cutting out uneven sort of circular shapes by hand and layering them the same way you have. Takes quite a few layers though to get this lovely ruffled fluffy effect ;)) xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)