Thursday, February 9, 2012

Keep On Rollin' - Digi Doodle Shop's Best Challenge #94 - One For The Boys

 When men are in discussion cars are the first thing that comes in my mind. And as this is Thursday, Digi Doodle Shop challenge is having their latest weekly challenge and this time with projects for boys/men!
I don't know why but all cards I've made with cars have always been vintage style and so this is no exception.
 I have chosen this lovely Old Truck 2 image from DDS antiques category. It is shaded only with Distress inks and then some highlights added with silver and white GellyRoll pens. To make this image a bit more to stand out, I embossed it with clear embossing powder.
I suppose I can say, that I have a vintage embellishment addiction. This is why I have various brads, photo corners and name plates - so handy when it comes to male and vintage makes!
I also like to use TH embossing folder for this kind of cards and kraft card as well. For even more details I added natural twine and key and keyhole brads.

If my hubby won't notice this card being published here, I will present him this on his birthday in 20th February :)
So happy birthday hun!

13 comments:

  1. This is one gorgeous card (even if it does have a car on it!!). Love how you have coloured the image/
    Hugs
    Denise xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome sweetie. Your colouring and layout is fantastic. I love all your detail.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say WOOOOW!!!!!!!! This card is amazing!!!! I can not believe how gorgeous your coloring is. So glad to be your follower. Totally inspiring.
    Hugs Nataliya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card Liva and I love your Distress Ink colouring too, very effective.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh this is great. All that yummy texture you have going on. Team it up with the distress inks and embellishments and you have created a definite masterpiece

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful and perfect for a man's birthday! Awesome how you've framed it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done my friend. I so love old cars and trucks. Love what you've done.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. wowzers liva ,this card is wonderful....i love how you have coloured the truck ...it looks so effective,
    fantastic job
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this card Liva, and the truck is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous Liva I love how you have made that image look aged, the colours and design are perfect.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, just love the coloring on this. I've pretty much given up on alcohol inks. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fabulous card love the colouring of the truck

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooh so it's his birthday tomorrow! he's going to be thrilled seeing this wonderful card! you are so good with the pens and inks Liva and I haven't even tried them (shame on me). This year will be a year of experimenting, have a workshop with Nat Kalbach here in Stockholm coming up in May and I'm going! yay for me! Hug your hunk from me and say Happy Birthday from me will you. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)