Friday, January 20, 2012

The Music Of Life

I had this opportunity to use this wonderful Song Bird from Digi Doodle Shop and turn him into a musical themed card. All colors were chose so that I could color most of my image with the Copics I have on hand - because I have colored some small dots around the image and they are better made with the fine brush tip of Copic Sketch pens.
So the background was stamped with music notes and Distress inks and then inked as well with the same inks.
I love this technique of making dots - even thou I discovered it very recently. And I can't seem to go without my white GellyRol pen any more.
I really like the look of Spellbinders banners dies, but as I don't have any, I had to come up with an alternative - I redraw the lines and segments of one of banners, printed and cut it out and folded. Now I have realistic looking banner in the same shape as the Spelbinders banner. Ad of course inking edges also does the trick!
As just the image and banner seemed to be not enough, I also wrapped some twine around my notes panel and added metal embellies with a blue jewel brad.

Swing to the music,

2 comments:

  1. THANK YOU for the fantastic job you did on this stamp. I knew it was going to be good, but I had no idea it was going to be this awesome!!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)