Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Love Flowers

 Can you tell that I'm in love? Mostly with paper crafting that is - oh shoot - I forgot, that my hubby reads this blog now and then as well... Well never mind, what's written is written. Yesterday I was wondering around Moxie Fab World and stumbled on this cool challenge to use your cutting tools in an innovative way. Truth be told I'm not sure there actually is something to be innovative about, but the idea so appealed to me and the first sample card so inspired me, that I went to work right away.
After such long time without my Silhouette, I am so thrilled to be using it again, that I draw my own "Love Flowers". They are cut so that center of the flower and petals are still attached to main card, but petals can be lifted up. I gave them a little shaping with my fingers. Underneath my cut card, I placed a glossy card that was colored with alcohol inks in pink, light blue and yellow tones. Just for some little pizzazz, I added rhinestones and pearl to centers of my flowers. Too bad, that camera couldn't pick up all the shine that comes from inks and glossy cardstock. It really feels like those little hearts in the petals are shining with a colorful glow.

I don't think that there are words to describe how much I love to be able to draw whatever comes in my head and then to be able to cut it out. I hadn't realized how much I loved having my Silhouette until I wasn't able to use it for some time. From now on I promise to use it at least several times per week if not on every project I create :)

I wish you all to be able to create whatever it is you wish to create,

14 comments:

  1. Liva, this is stunning. What a wonderful idea you brought to life!
    :O)
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really beautiful card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are great Liva - I don't have a silhouette but will try to get a similar effect with my punches

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card and the flowers look so real.
    Jocelan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish the cricut cut this delicate. Your card is gorgeous.

    Smile sher
    ShersL84bed@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Your card is beautiful! I love it! It is so elegant! Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card. Love the color peaking through.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So clever of you and a stunning card

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous effect with the vibrant colours showing through the cut outs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Liva! Thanks for linking this up to the Die Cutting Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh sweetie those flowers are just adorable!! what a pretty card, love that the flowers are taking centre stage so that the cut out details of the petals can really be seen and admired. On the subject of admired, having followed you from your early beginnings I am so impressed by the development of your English. You use it with a flair and your posts are always full of a wonderful sense of humour. Now that is is not the English you, but the true Latvian you of course but it carries across beautifully! Hugs, :))

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally love this card! Those flowers are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)