Sunday, January 29, 2012

Lots Of Flowerpots

Since I discovered the art of decoupage, the 3D decoupage probably is the one that fascinated me most. And the most easiest one I think is where I can use modeling paste to add depth to a decoupaged image. So just before Christmas I finally finished this box with flowers, that I had started about a year ago.
Under all side flowers, there is a modeling paste, that was shaped somewhat to resemble flowers and thus - they appear to be like 3D.
I presented this box to a special friend of mine on her birthday and hopefully she will put it to good use :)
I'm really sorry that photos doesn't show the real 3D effect, but I guess that's life!

Enjoy your day,

9 comments:

  1. Wow! Absolutely fantastic and beautiful! Your friend will be thrilled. If not, send it to me! Gorgeous, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwww Liva this is absolutely beautiful, what fantastic creativity, awesome work.
    hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very nice creation. I stand in awe. Really inspire me to make one on my own someday. Well done, Liva :)

    Hugs,
    Nuki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful box and yes the 3 D appearance can be well seen.The colors are beautiful and looking at the box it will be spring eternally!!

    Cheers from Bangalore, India
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is wonderful hun. Did you handpaint the flowers after the modeling clay dried?
    :O)
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't painted them - it is decoupage with napkin - you glue top layer of regular napkin!

      Delete
  6. this is sooooo Pretty.....
    I love it !!

    so lively & colorful...love all the flowers there.

    Hugs,
    Riti

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful project it would take pride of place anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  8. AMAZING Liva! the box is just sooo pretty! I would never have figured out how you made it just by looking at it! I've always said that you are so clever coming up with solutions that are not obvious. I will comment "backwards" while I continue to newer posts, have been having massive computer problems this week back home from London. Hubby had to re-create folders, thank heavens for his persistent back-ups! xoxox

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)