Thursday, January 19, 2012

Just My Colors - Digi Doodle Shop's Best Challenge #91 - Blue And Brown

 Whenever I hear someone mention brown and blue together - I' m  in for it! There' s just something about these colors put together that simply feels irresistible. Maybe that' s because blue is my favorite color and brown really excels it. So this week' s Digi Doodle Shop's Best challenge is just what I needed.

So what better image to display blue than this beautiful Hydrangea from Digi Doodle Shop' s Flowers & Fruit & Trees category. This time I remembered that I haven' t  used my chalks for a long time, so I got them out and got all chalky :) Only the stems were colored in with a green pen.
I love how this satin blue ribbon and bow gives some elegance. And have I mentioned how I love my Spellbinders tags? I must have, because I love them so much! The sentiment on this one says "Congratulations".
 I made the background with Distress inks and then stamped with water some flourishes. This actually was the first time I used this technique and it turned out really well. Oh and I couldn't resist this little dragonfly accent - it is so lovely!

Hope you're having a lovely day as well,



13 comments:

  1. So pretty. Love how you have chalked the flowers and your water stamped background is so clever.
    Hugs
    Denise xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, beautiful card. Wonderful colors and coloring of the hydrangea. Love the background too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Liva. Love the ribbon and that tiny little dragonfly perched up there. **Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Liva, love this image, one of my favourites.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I love that little dragonfly. I've never heard of coloring with Distress Inks then stamping with water. It turned out gorgeous!

    xx Star

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! this is so very beautiful, love your colouring too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is absolutely gorgeous Liva. Love how you've used the chalk teqnique to colour and am loving your background too. That little dragonfly on the lush ribbon makes it top notch. Hugs Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Liva this is quite stunning, the image and that bow look fantastic.
    hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Love that ribbon
    Hugs
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing sweetie and adorable ribbon.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just darling hun. Love the softness.. Great job!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the soft colours on the flowers and your background technique turned out beautifully.Very pretty card.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)