Monday, January 30, 2012

Just Love

I was pretty surprised to find a challenge blog - Friendship's Garden - where in challenge rules it is stated that stamped images are not allowed. This time they have a sketch and I decided to play along.
So instead of stamped focal image, I used Melissa Frances rose image with various vintage like patterned papers - including my own designed vintage dots paper.
I replaced hearts in the sketch with a ribbon with hearts and a stylized bow. And I couldn't go without that cute pearl heart - it used to be white, but I colored it with a pink ProMarker. To soften the modern design of that ribbon, I placed vintage lace underneath it. Can you imagine that this lace actually is about 20 cm wide, so I had to cut off just a small part of an edge.
As I will enter this card in Aud Sentiments challenge, I had to have word Love somewhere on card and that is my only word stamped here with my own stamp.

Here's the sketch:

Heart yourself,

12 comments:

  1. Great distressed card Liva, real cute bow :) Thanks for sharing with us at Friendship's Garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful!
    Have a great week!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I really love the Melissa Frances image. You did a great job with the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Friendship's Garden! Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card Liva. I love your dp and the dimension your card has. Here is a link to another challenge blog that states you can't use stamped images, in case you want to check it out!
    UnStampaBelles
    http://unstampabelleschallenges.blogspot.com/
    :O)
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the vintage look of this card - it's beautiful - thanks for joining in the sketch challenge at Friendship's garden (Hazel, Guest designer) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty, love the vintage feel! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity for our "Love" challenge at Aud Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really beautiful!!! Thanks for joining our Friendships Garden Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really Love your creation and you are indeed a talented person.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card and the image is so pretty! Thanks for joining us at FG!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty card!! I love the mix of new and old. Thanks for joining us at Friendship's Garden!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a lovely card Liva! I am amazed at how you seem to find your way to so many different challenge sites, just reading about them on your blog is such a treat. Absolutely adore the - for me - new design of your blog. Love the pale blue and pink/red blooms and the header is pure heavenly! xoxox

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)