Thursday, January 12, 2012

Craft Card And Strange Flowers - Digi Doodle Shop's Best Challenge #90 - Embossing

I love embossing - both dry and heat embossing. The texture and shine that can be achieved using any of embossing techniques are amazing. Sometimes I forget that I have these wonderful tools at my hands, so I am thrilled that  Digi Doodle Shop's Best challenge this week is having an embossing theme. So that's what I did - used both ways of embossing.
And the image I used - well even when the Holidays are over, it is possible to use an image coming from Christmas Assortment image set. All I did was rotated and slightly compressed horizontally the mistletoe image. To make it appear like a bouquet of strange flowers, I colored ribbon ends like green leaves.
Stamens were heat embossed with different color embossing powders using glue pen. Then in the same way, I embossed whole flower petals using clear embossing powder.
I have so very rarely used craft card in my creations, so I decided to use it this time and partially emboss it with damask TH embossing folder. Then to accentuate embossing even more, I swiped white Adirondac pigment ink pad over it.

Pretty simple and fast - hope you'll like it,

14 comments:

  1. Love your card, great embossing.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always come up with unusual techniques and designs. So creative. Love seeing your creations each week. Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a gorgeous card ,fabulous embossing and such pretty colours on the image
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning. Such a clever way to use the image and I love all the colourful "flowers". Great embossing too.
    Hugs
    Denise xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I adore that embossing folder, and how creative to emboss the stamens!

    xx Star

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is truly gorgeous Liva, the embossing and flowers look stunning.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty Liva, fab embossing too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card. The flowers are outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty and bright. Great job again hun.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome Liva. Love the bright colours of this one.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful. Love how you've embossed the top and bottom leaving the middle entirely to the gorgeous image. Beautiful. Hugs Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a creative way to use this image.Love the bright colours against the kraft.Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello hun, congrats again for the published card and story on the magazine. I love it.

    Kraft looks brilliant choice for embossing and also all the blossoms how they pop out when embossed makes this card very beautiful. This is very stylish and the image itself with your colorine is really soft and sweet.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)